From creative pieces to bigger applications, Australian Waterjet Cutting can help with all project types and jobs including waterjet cut glass.
Our team works closely with artists, designers and other environment professionals within the independent and commercial sectors.
The waterjet process has been recognised for its versatility and is growing fast as a method being used across the world.
How We Use Waterjet Cutting for Glass
- We can cut clear glass but not toughened glass as it breaks and shatters easily.
- Waterjet cutting won’t break clear glass because we do a soft piercing.
- The size of the glass depends on the job. So far the biggest we have done is 50mm.
- Waterjets remove material without heat. In this cold cutting process, the waterjet stream performs a supersonic erosion process to grind away small grains of material.
- If you require a creative piece to be cut, you will need to supply us with dxf or dwg CAD files. If these cannot be provided, we can draw something up for you, however charges will apply.
- Recent projects we have worked on include the Ford logo and a few pieces of artwork as shown below (see photos).
Why Choose Australian Waterjet Cutting for Your Project?
- We have been offering and providing quality products, reliability and advice since 1991.
- We are locally based at Brendale on Brisbane’s Northside.
- We can use waterjet cutting on materials including glass, metals, timber, foam, rubber and many more.
- Australian Waterjet Cutting introduced the first 87,000 PSI XD (5 axis) waterjet in Australia.
Waterjet Cut Glass
We can waterjet cut glass and other materials for your business or other creative projects. Get in touch with Australian Waterjet Cutting by giving us a call today on 07 3205 1022 or send an online message here.
We’ve been providing quality, reliable and experienced service for over 28 years. All our waterjet cutting processes are extremely accurate and will keep the integrity of your design intact.