Are you looking to produce a visually pleasing creative project on a different surface and need some assistance cutting with water?
At Australian Waterjet Cutting, we work closely with artists, designers and environment professionals to help manufacture all kinds of creatively designed waterjet cut pieces.
From metals to tiles, foam and vinyl, we have worked with it all using our waterjet technology on even the most intricate of designs.
How Water Cutting Works
This cold cutting process cuts by using supersonic water, or water and abrasive, to erode material.
- Use an ultrahigh-pressure pump to generate a stream of water with an immense amount of pressure
- Convert pressure into velocity via a tiny jewel orifice
To increase the cutting power, garnet is pulled into the supersonic waterjet stream – By introducing garnet, the waterjet stream can cut steel over one foot thick.
Our waterjet cutting widths are from 1mm to 1.5mm. For materials like foam and vinyl, where we cut them with water only and do not use garnet, the cutting widths are as small as 0.2mm to 0.5mm.
We also deal with large scale projects and currently have contracts with several reputed companies.
Benefits of Cutting with Water
- Waterjet can cut up to 200mm thicker materials than laser cutting can.
- Waterjet can also cut the hardest materials like Bisalloy, hardox, weldox, Alumina ceramic and titanium.
- Waterjet does not give off any fumes or hazardous gases and is safer to operate.
What Doesn’t Work
- Materials like Travertine tiles and Toughened glass have the potential to break or shatter easily.
- The cutting edges do not look polished smooth compared to the use of laser cutting.
Cutting with Water
Whether it’s for a big project or a small creative piece, we can help by cutting with water. To find out more, get in touch with Australian Waterjet Cutting by giving us a call today on 3205 1022 or send an online message here.
We’ve been providing quality, reliable and experienced service for over 28 years. All our waterjet cutting processes are extremely accurate and will keep the integrity of your design intact.