When considering custom fabrication, most people will think of laser cutting. But, if you take into account the advantages of using waterjet cutting, it is the superior cutting option. At Australian Waterjet Cutting we believe waterjet cutting is better than laser because it can cut thicker materials, do less damage to the product, and cut materials a laser would burn up like corflute or vinyl.
Benefits of Waterjet Cutting
If you’re looking for the best option for your next project, consider waterjet cutting. Some of the benefits include;
- No heat affected zones, no hardening – This makes for a consistent look and reduces how fragile the piece becomes in use.
- 5-axis cutting – Allowing for huge amounts of freedom in the creation of beveling and recessing of 3D objects.
- Cuts virtually any material – There are almost no limits to materials we can and cannot use and including glass, wood and vinyl products which most other cutting tools could not even come close to.
- Environmentally friendly – No gasses emitted, no grindings or chips.
- Reduces dust and hazardous gases – Allowing for a safe work environment and reduces the need for finishing after the cutting process.
- Faster than many conventional cutting tools – More pieces can be finished at the same time.
Materials That Can be Cut with Waterjet
Unlike laser, plasma or EDM cutting that have very specific requirements for the material being cut, waterjet cutting has a huge range of flexibility including but not limited to:
- Race car gaskets
- Brake pads for race cars
Note – Laser cutting cannot cut carbob, PVC or any flammable materials.
Advantages of Using Waterjet Cutting
We’ve been providing quality, reliable and experienced service for over 28 years. All our waterjet cutting processes are extremely accurate and will keep the integrity of your design intact.